And their names, those marks that define them so distinctively? Remember, the desert has its lessons — those names engraved so clearly on our memories are only sand patterns, discernible for the moment but unfailingly mortal.
– Githa Hariharan, When Dreams Travel
because I prayed
– Psáppho, Fragment 22
Welcome to my website.
I’m a writer, poet, anthology editor, historian, cranky feminist, queer and occasional Londoner. My Bibliography has the complete list of everything I’ve got published as well as what’s forthcoming.
My Blog is crossposted to Livejournal and Dreamwidth if you prefer to read and comment there. I reply everywhere. I keep a Tumblr, where I reblog art, social commentary and fannish GIFs. I’m also active on Twitter.
Wiscon, 24 – 27 May, Madison WI, USA
Readercon, 11 – 14 July, Burlington MA, USA
Nine Worlds, 9 – 11 August, London
Bristolcon, 26 October, Bristol
World Fantasy Convention, 31 October – 3 November, Brighton
Worldcon, 14 – 18 August, London
Aliens: Recent Encounters
I'm the editor of Aliens: Recent Encounters, a reprint anthology of science fiction stories, OUT NOW from Prime Books.
Coming in 2014
The Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
I will be editing an anthology of powerful, important science fiction stories by women, showcasing the unforgettable contributions made to the genre in recent decades.
Out in late 2014.
- TedWest on Women Without Men: A Constantly Undermined Trope
- Crystal Lynn Hilbert on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Alex Dally MacFarlane on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Lorraine on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Autumn to winter | Hel Gurney on White-centric SF: people still take that seriously?