• I’ve finished and edited “Written on the Hides of Foxes”, my story for Biblioteca Fantastica, which closes to submissions at the end of the month. (Until just this moment, the story was called “Bound in the Hides of Foxes”, but “Written on…” just jumped into my head as fitting better.) (Yes, foxes. You’re shocked.) It’s the full 10,000 words permitted by the guidelines and demands that I turn it into a whole novel.
• Once I’ve submitted “Written on the Hides of Foxes” tonight, it’s back to The Bone Queen. I recently got to the end of it; now I need to go back and tidy up everything I added and changed. The end is in sight.
• I have seen the proofs for Rose Lemberg’s The Moment of Change. So excited about this.
• After working on “Written on the Hides of Foxes”, I can’t wait to get The Bone Queen done so I can spend several months just writing short stories. (Hopefully shorter stories.) My head is starting to get crowded with them. I look forward to tilting my head and letting them all fall out like sea-water.
Also, though it’s not writing-related: Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra.
Leave a comment
Out in late 2014
Aliens: Recent Encounters
"...this [anthology] blew us away more than any other. Mostly because of the sheer volume of greatness contained in these 32 stories... These are classic stories of alien encounters, from some of the best science fiction writers working today."
- io9.com Best Books of 2013
Post-Binary Gender in SF
- “The Book Remembers” now online! | Hel Gurney on Verse Kraken launch!
- Asakiyume on Verse Kraken launch!
- Kathleen Alcala on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Patricia on White-centric SF: people still take that seriously?
- TedWest on Women Without Men: A Constantly Undermined Trope