• I’ve finished and edited “Written on the Hides of Foxes”, my story for Biblioteca Fantastica, which closes to submissions at the end of the month. (Until just this moment, the story was called “Bound in the Hides of Foxes”, but “Written on…” just jumped into my head as fitting better.) (Yes, foxes. You’re shocked.) It’s the full 10,000 words permitted by the guidelines and demands that I turn it into a whole novel.
• Once I’ve submitted “Written on the Hides of Foxes” tonight, it’s back to The Bone Queen. I recently got to the end of it; now I need to go back and tidy up everything I added and changed. The end is in sight.
• I have seen the proofs for Rose Lemberg’s The Moment of Change. So excited about this.
• After working on “Written on the Hides of Foxes”, I can’t wait to get The Bone Queen done so I can spend several months just writing short stories. (Hopefully shorter stories.) My head is starting to get crowded with them. I look forward to tilting my head and letting them all fall out like sea-water.
Also, though it’s not writing-related: Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra Korra.
Leave a comment
Aliens: Recent Encounters
"...this [anthology] blew us away more than any other. Mostly because of the sheer volume of greatness contained in these 32 stories... These are classic stories of alien encounters, from some of the best science fiction writers working today."
- io9.com Best Books of 2013
Coming in 2014
The Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
I will be editing an anthology of powerful, important science fiction stories by women, showcasing the unforgettable contributions made to the genre in recent decades.
Out in late 2014.
Post-Binary Gender in SF
- Kathleen Alcala on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Patricia on White-centric SF: people still take that seriously?
- TedWest on Women Without Men: A Constantly Undermined Trope
- Crystal Lynn Hilbert on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
- Alex Dally MacFarlane on CALL FOR REPRINT SUBMISSIONS: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women